Thread: Behind The Mask
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisevian View Post
Behind The Mask is one of my favourite Fleetwood Mac albums and one of the few albums that I can listen to in its entirety without skipping a track. So, it's challenging for me to choose the tracks I like the most but this is my list:

Love Is Dangerous
In The Back Of My Mind
Do You Know
Save Me
When The Sun Goes Down
Behind The Mask
Freedom

What are your favourite songs from this album?
I would only add one more song to your great list. When It Comes To Love

The Billy/Christine combo was a great one and one that was not explored enough, just like the Rick/Stevie combo. This version of Love Is Dangerous is great (Rick's solo version is awesome but very different in arrangement and style from this CD's version). Rick and Stevie's "Desiree" from Rick's King of Hearts CD would have just been awesome if done by FM during this era.

The tour for this CD was great. In The Back Of My Mind flowing into The Chain was a stroke of genius! It was just awesome! The short blues set from Rick was outstanding (as if it would have been anything less!!), and everything seemed to be flowing nicely. It's just a shame that there wasn't perhaps some different material on the CD, or that there wasn't more acceptance of where the band was trying to go at that point. The Tango In The Night tour was awesome as well (my first FM show was on that tour) and those 2 guys blew me away! "Oh Well", the things that might have/could have/should have been with this line-up have been debated and theorized ad nauseum, so I won't attempt to open any of those discussions again!