View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
You were certainly concerned enough to reply. It appears to me that you are attempting to get the last word when you haven't actually yet contributed anything of substance in this exchange. Perhaps you should concentrate on the content of what you write rather than whether it was the last thing written.

Let's see if you can address a point. You claim that Lindsey is the reason why Fleetwood Mac has stayed relevant for 43 years. But, as I pointed out, the rest of the band don't necessarily think so. As an example, Lindsey's contributed arrangement and production work is often quoted as his biggest contribution to the band as the other songwriters contributed most of the hits. Now, I think that his arrangement and production work is great and that Stevie never sounds better than as when she's produced by Lindsey. E.g. I really like SYW. However, we know that Stevie doesn't like Lindsey's production. Clearly her personal evaluation of the importance of Lindsey in the band does not match yours. It's the band's choice what they do, particularly at their time of life. No-one else's.

Given that Lindsey is no longer in the band, they needed replacements. It's reasonable to work with people who are both talented and friends.
Well, given that $tevie has no interest in recording now, and that $he can't stand Lindsey, that makes his great producing skills far less valuable, now that they're officially an oldies act(no new music, just teat milking).

I firmly believe $he issued the "it's him or me" ultimatum. Mick chose his ca$h cow. Like he could ever make any other choice, being the cheap whore that he is.

That said, Lindsey's playing is THE SOUND of FM. I mean, they'll still have the bleating going for them, but his guitar style IS their sound.