Thread: Glasto
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

And now, I look forward to more news to see how things change. In the lead-up between writing and publishing this post, Emily Eavis did a Radio 2 interview, where she said that the tickets for the 2019 festival will go on sale in October, and the line-up will apparently be announced shortly afterward, remarkable given that they usually get announced around Spring the year of the festival. Apparently, she dropped a hint at one of the performers, and it’s not a terribly helpful one: “It’s all really started moving quite quickly now. We’ve finally found our Sunday teatime legend slot as well, which is really exciting… I can’t tell you, but I’ll give you a clue: it’s a female. She is not British, but I can’t give you any more clues because it will get me into trouble.” Part of me suspects this could be the Madonna set, but another part of me suspects she’s still too popular for the Legends spot. And about the prospect of Paul McCartney headlining, she said: “Oh we always want him – he’s top of our list. We’ll have to see.” And so, my Glastonbury sense is tingling. This could very well be a tacit admission that he’s already been tapped to headline.
The non-British female could be Stevie ... As Madonna doesn't quite fit the Sunday nostalgia /legends criteria yet, they are usually from the 60s/70s ie. The Who, McCartney, Bowie, Springsteen, Rod Stewart etc