View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
sadly, i think that may have been exactly what happened. and she will probably regret it in a few years if he understandably decides to never speak with her again.

the alternative would be that she was plotting this for years. now that would be truly sad.
While she’s a narcissistic, b*tchy diva for sure (and I don’t mean that as an insult, I actually find it entertaining most the time. It kinda makes me just like her more), she definitely isn’t dumb. She’s been sick of him for years now and has done just fine pretending there’s still love there and playing up the whole Buckingham Nicks fantasy love affair for the crowd. She planned all of that scripted love BS on her own. I even remember Linds in an article in the early 2000’s talking about how Stevie and Mick came to him with the idea to put their microphones closer together and have them come up with pre-planned affectionate gestures. The woman knows how to play the game and the goal is always the same: get as much money & positive attention as possible. Anything with Buckingham Nicks involved is guaranteed to do well, but now the stakes have gotten even higher with the full rumours line up reunited. She absolutely knows that her pay raises exponentially as long as all 5 are present and she wouldn’t pass that up. Neither would Mick. They have no real motive to wake up one day and boot him out for no reason. She has nothing to gain. Less money. More negative publicity. It would be pointless.
If she just wanted to tour with a heartbreaker, she’d add them to her solo band. If she had no intention of touring with Lindsey, she would not have willingly signed on to be contractually obligated to another FM tour (and yes, Lindsey was still assumed to be part of this when she signed on).
I still firmly believe the most likely situation was they signed on for the tour fully expecting to go out as the full band and when arguments arose (which they always do, whether it’s over scheduling, set lists, pay grades, or whatever else), it just got out of control and for whatever reason, they just couldn’t work together again at this point.