View Single Post
Old 11-24-2002, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

haha...Madformac...I must say I do think some of this stuff is uncannily like you.......BUT...I still do think that astrology is a load of c**p (no offense to anyone who believes in it).

I have two main reasons for not believing in it at all:

a) The things they say seem to be quite specific, but if you look at most of what they say, it is actually quite vague. They fill it with SO much, that at least some of it is bound to make sense / apply to the individual reading it. It's like that card trick where the guy says pick ANY number between 1 and 50, but both digits must be odd, and can't be the same....then the person is surprised when the guy "telepathically" works out that the number is 37.....[by saying both digits must be odd, you've immediately eliminated most of the choices, then the "can't be the same" means that the most statistically common choice of "33" is disallowed, and then it has been shown that most people then go onto think of "37", not "35".]

b) My star sign is Taurus, and so is that of a couple of my friends: we couldn't possibly be more different...so where does that leave us "star sign"-wise....?

p.s. Another famous Taurean....Adolf Hitler.
Another famous Taurean....Sergei Prokofiev...

Last edited by seteca; 11-24-2002 at 07:27 PM..