View Single Post
Old 06-20-2002, 10:55 PM
Ledgie

Cool

Hey guys,

Okay, yeah, I'm getting a bit tired of the usual suspects (Rhiannon, Dreams, GYOW, I'm So Afraid, Landslide), but I know they have to be kept in for the "casual" fans. Don't get me wrong - I love those songs - but personally, they've been a bit overplayed...you hear them in every Mac concert, and they all (with the exception of I'm So Afraid) still get MAJOR radio play. I'm dying to hear some rarities, especially those which would make the most of the Stevie/Lindsey harmonies and be more "guitar" oriented. I think we'll all be missing Christine enough, so sticking to songs that had less obvious Chris harmonies and keyboards might be the way to go.

Some "rarer" songs that I think would be GREAT to hear would be Crystal, Monday Morning, Blue Letter, Storms, I Don't Want To Know, Eyes of the World, Save Me a Place, Angel, Seven Wonders (although it's a bit out of Stevie's range now, unless they'd drop the key a bit), acoustic Big Love with Stevie doing backup harmony, and Second Hand News (which I thought sounded AWESOME live in Pittsburgh on The Dance tour, Stephanie! ). I think all of those songs would really showcase the S/L harmonies, and they're all fairly guitar-driven. Of course, anything from the Buckingham Nicks era would be awesome, especially tunes like Without You, Frozen Love, Without a Leg to Stand On, Races are Run, etc. I suppose they'll have to do a few new songs , but wouldn't a couple of cover tunes be cool? I think Lindsey and Stevie could do an awesome cover of the Stones' "Honkey Tonk Women," don't you? Or how 'bout Elvis' "Suspicious Minds?" Good harmony, nice guitar, and hey, the lyrics might bring back some memories for them! Hehehe. I think sometimes Stevie relaxes and rocks out a lot more on OTHER people's songs; she really seems to enjoy those performances. Oooh, and since Lindsey has done George Harrison's "Here Comes the Sun," what if they did a cover of his song "What is Life?" That would be good, too...nice little rocker, good harmony, guitar, in their vocal ranges. Oh well, I'm babbling on about stuff that they'll never even consider anyway, so what's the point...

One song they could leave out for me - Not That Funny. To me, the song is "not that great," aside from Lindsey's orgasm sounds. And hey, if I want to hear those, I'll fly to CA and hide in the bushes under his bedroom window some night...

Lori