View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[excerpt from Dan Owen article]

News Guardian, by Darin Hutson 9/30/2015

http://www.newsguardian.co.uk/what-s...slot-1-7489499

Among his growing band of fans is rock veteran Mick Fleetwood, a founder member of Fleetwood Mac.

The 68-year-old has been musically mentoring Owen since being impressed by a Youtube video of him playing a cover of the Bob Dylan classic The Ballad of Hollis Brown at 2012’s Newark Blues Festival in Nottinghamshire.

Fleetwood said: “Dan’s music is from the heart. It is genuine blues and Dan is at the forefront of the new wave in British singer-songwriter talent.”

A mutual appreciation society has since developed between the pair, with Owen telling the Shropshire Star: “Mick sort of found me via YouTube then came to a record industry showcase in London.

“We went for dinner and just had a chat.

“I mean, his stuff, Fleetwood Mac, is pretty amazing really. He’s been there and done it, so it’s amazing to have someone like that on board.

“I’ve always liked Fleetwood Mac. He’s been really, really good with me.”

“Mick has been a real help, a real mentor. It was amazing to meet him.

“At first, I thought it was someone else. I knew of Fleetwood Mac, but I thought it can’t be him. It was. We really got on.”

Show headliner Morris, 23, of Blackpool in Lancashire, is on tour to promote her debut album, Unguarded, a No 9 hit following its release in January.