View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don’t know where you read forgiveness in KB’s posts. Love, yes, forgiveness, no. She mostly implied you just need to let it go and enjoy what you have. She just recently called them “awful people”, and she was being polite IMO.

Why would they ask for forgiveness if they’re still claiming that what they did was the right thing to do for the band’s survival?
Forgiveness and letting things go are close cousins. I said it was the beginning, that's all. As for why FM would want forgiveness - it depends on what everyone wants. There could certainly be a desire to express regret at how the situation escalated. But you're right: MF and CM have added a gloss to LB's ejection that it hard to come back from, but not impossible. I mean, you've seen these people, right? Mick could melt his neck down and make door knockers for half of England out of it.

I don't think LB will ever be back in the band, but that's more because of the complications of who replaced him. I wouldn't be surprised if NF and MC would be more than okay with it if Chris or John said they wanted to retire, and then the 'new band' can quietly dissolve without anyone calling them out on it.

I guess I think it's more about understanding. LB's big on that and I think SN also wants to move on, make peace before it's too late for either of them. They can agree to never see each other ever again, wish one another well, without being in a state of cold war. My hunch is that this 'Landslide' is the first move in making it known to the public that that's happened or is happening now. They're trying to move the fans' anger onto the same higher plane. Seems obvious to me.