View Single Post
Old 08-17-2001, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question music vids list, OK how's 'bout this?

For those of you leaning towards the music video idea, since we need to get some kind of list together, how about this for a start and we can edit as we go along. I just thought we should get 'em all down and it then might be easier to decide as Marty has done alot of work getting this thing moving and he needs us to get some lists together and I'm hoping the initial release will be the music vids (if this takes off then I'm all for delving into the live stuff and the cheapest, fastest and easiest way to get it all out of the vaults and into our hands is not having duplication so that's why I think it would be best to just have the first release be more "everyday buyer" friendly to get their trust and get them "on our side" as it were. Then, we can hope to hit them up for the really great stuff! he he!) So those interested in the music vid list, any additions/subtractions?

1. Tusk
2. Hold me
3. Gypsy
4. Big love
5. Seven wonders
6. Seven wonders (alt. version)
7. Little lies
8. Family man
9. Everywhere
10. As long as you follow
11. Save me
12. Skies the limit
13. In the back of my mind
14. Paper doll
15. Love shines
16. (SN) Edge of seventeen (version 1)
17. (SN) Edge of seventeen (version 2)
18. (SN) Edge of seventeen (version 3)
19. (SN) Stand back (civil war version)
20. (SN) Talk to me (alt. version)
21. (SN) Rooms on fire
22. (SN) Whole lotta trouble
23. (SN) Sometimes it's a bitch
24. (SN) Blue denim
25. (SN) If you ever did believe
26. (SN) Everyday
27. (SN) Sorcerer
28. (LB) Trouble
29. (LB) It was I
30. (LB) Holiday road
31. (LB) Go insane
32. (LB) Slow dancing
33. (LB) Wrong
34. (LB) Countdown
35. (LB) Don't look down
36. (LB) Soul drifter
37. (MF) I want you back
38. (MF) Angel come home
39. (MF) Shakin' the cage

I could think of other related videos that would be cool too but as Ken says "2 or maybe 3 hours", if you say an avarage of four minutes a video then this is probably about 2 hours 40 minutes in duration so if we are allowed 3 hours then I guess the other 20 or so minutes could be used for the making of footage and outtakes etc. (we may even need to take out some videos (which I'd hate to do because it would be good to have it be as complete as possible but...) to make room for that as I don't know how long that footage would add up to time wise). I left off Christine's solo videos and Stevie's ones from her "I can't wait" video compilation (besides, from the packaging it looks like it was put out on VHS by the same company that re-released the Mirage concert tape in the late eighties so those Stevie vids may fall under the licensing of HBO too so I don't know if we can touch those anyways) because I would hope those could be straightforward disc re-releases in the future if we can get this first one off the ground (and maybe if the company that does own the HBO stuff will see that it would sell and put those out too themselves, possibly with another petition which would be sent to them if that would help but one thing at a time). If it should be 90 min to 2 hours and no more than that (as Ken seems to be quoted as saying as well), I would vote for the music vid compliation of just the Mac vids (I realize that it's mainly Christine penned songs but at least all the vids would be together and the difference with it being a video is that in most of the vids anyways all of the members can been seen throughout so it wouldn't be as lopsided as all of that) also, as they would include the audio of the actual studio tracks of course, imagine what Ken could do with the sound on the DVD versions, it would be especially interesting to see what he would do with the mixes of the post 1983 stuff as he wasn't involved originally. So, if that added up to say an hour than the other hour could be the special features/bonus materials section with the outtakes/ making of stuff. There are probably other alternate versions etc. that I've left out so any one leaning towards the music video approach, let's get to work! What should we add/minus from here? (by all means live clips people, get your final list together too and let's see what we got!

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 08-17-2001 at 01:19 PM.