View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think I can understand and sympathize with Billy’s disappointment. But he’s been in the music biz long enough to know how it works at the Fleetwood Mac level. He’s a personable guy onstage, a good vocalist and performer, and a songwriter with standing among his peers. But when the organization is as big as Fleetwood Mac, you have all those agents and managers who are looking for the biggest paycheck possible. The American managers were probably down with Mike Campbell because he’s a legend with name recognition in American rock, but lord knows what they thought of Mick’s wish to hire Neil Finn, who had been off the American radio landscape for several decades. The managers were probably hoping for somebody like Ed Sheeran or Adam Levine — somebody who sold out venues in America. Maybe the lead singer in Coldplay or the guy who wrote “Over My Head.” Or Drake. Or Cher.
Maybe one eye on writing/recording. There’s no getting away from the fact Neil Finn is an incredible songwriter. He can pluck a tune out of nowhere. Though I hate the idea of this iteration of the band, the idea of a fm record part-written by Neil Finn is intriguing. His killer songs with Stevie/Christine backing vocals and a few staples from Chris & Stevie (ahem)….coulda been a terrific album. Genuinely!!!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood