View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
BEHIND THE MASK was a good album that could have been better. Greg Laydani was the wrong producer...too slick. They needed someone edgier, like Scott Litt, who was originally planned.
TOTALL agree. Hell, I would've rather had Richard Dashut back at the helm, but I guess he was too busy with Lindsey. Patrick Leonard, who produced Love Shines and Heart of Stone for the box set would've been better, too.
Quote:
Finally, I don't think there was any chance for the TIME line-up.....Christine didn't want anything to do with Dave (or really the band at that time), Dave was all wrong for the group, John & Mick were just going thru the motions, and Billy & Bekka just weren't strong enough to front the band.
I disagree somewhat with the last statement. I agree it didn't stand a chance, but it had nothing to do with band personnel. At the time, Dave made perfect sense, considering the ties he, Billy, and obviously Bekka had with Delaney & Bonnie. However, I agree that as time went on, he became increasingly irrelevant to the band. I think had Bekka and Billy been given creative reign over the band (which happened when everybody else joined), it could've worked. I doubt it would've been commercially successful by Fleetwood Mac standards, but I think it could've been more interesting than what we got. Ultimately, though, it didn't stand a shot because Lindsey was back in the picture by that point, trying to get the Big Mac back together (he says otherwise, but c'mon).

THE Stephen Hopkins