View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdreamin View Post
I don't think FM has ever even been on her radar according to what she's said, but she wears the crescent moon Stevie gave her, which honestly is odd to me because it wouldn't appear they'd have anything in common. But Chrissie is a badass, her favorite word is f-off, and she is the LEADER of her band - regardless of who's in it. She's had no problem making a record under the Pretenders name without any original band member besides herself - and good for her!! She's a woman who knows her own mind. I'm just kind of making up that she instilled some F-off badassery in Nick's. This is probably total bullshirt, but it's crossed my mind, between that and Tom dying. Who knows, but given LB's "transgression" the reaction was over the top, even for her. I can just imagine Chrissie saying "is it your band or not? If you don't like how it's going tell them to f-off! If you don't like Lindsey running the show, tell them it's him or you! Now F-off girl, you're starting to piss me off!"
All else aside, I think you greatly overestimate the degree to which these acts even speak with one another on the road. Plus, Stevie's not likely to have taken such life changing advice from a stranger.

I saw an interview with Chrissie (from before she and Nicks ever toured together) where she gently disparaged FM, saying that the music scene from which the Pretenders emerged was a reaction to music like FM that they didn't find particularly appealing (she specified FM).