View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 10:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by blinker12
With all due respect, CarneVaca, I doubt Javier is going to answer your questions.

Let's let the man decide for himself.

Your tone is a little combative _ it sounds like you have the guy on the witness stand or something.

Certainly I wasn't being combative. I hope I was respectful, which is all I was trying to do. The man said he wants to set the record straight, which I appreciate and applaud.

Besides, I don't see how the statements you cite are that contradictory.

I didn't say anything about being contradictory. I merely sought to point out that one might get confused from reading the different statements. Again, Javier says he wants to set the record straight. I think that's a good idea, and that is why I asked my questions. Since he thankfully has made himself available, I thought I'd take advantage and have a shot at asking a couple of questions. I think that's still permitted around here.

Regarding the breakup: I think what Javier is saying is that Stevie and Lindsey didn't make a *unilateral* decision to break the band up (as Stevie's quotation implies). Instead, the band had already decided to break up due to S&L's move to L.A.

I think we should let him speak for himself, if he so chooses.

And while he acknowledges in the Q&A that some band members may have *perceived* him as a tyrant, I don't see it as contradictory that he also says those perceptions weren't correct.

"Contradictory" is your word, not mine.

If you've ever been in a band, you know that egos often clash, and that members often accuse each other of being tyrants. But the accusations are based more on wounded pride or arrogance than truth.

I've never been in a band, but I am familiar with human nature.

If Javier chooses to address my questions, I will be eternally grateful. If he wants to ignore them, as is his right, that's OK too. I simply wanted to clarify some confusion in my own mind. I had no intention of offending anyone.