View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unfortunately I cant go back and watch the film at the moment. I cant access Disney TV until I can get the fire stick off my son. Not sure when I'll be able to get it. However, I've found this article online. It suggests John came in in the morning and immediately started discussing Fleetwood Mac's appearance on a programme called 'Late Night Live'. Paul and George must have also watched this programme.

I've tried searching for this programme but cant find any listings for it. I wonder if they played a couple of songs. It sounds as if John may have been referring to Need Your Love So Bad. Perhaps this is why they must have gone out and purchased a copy on vinyl (or more likely got Mal Evans to go out and purchase a copy)- hence the record was later seen in the film. Though Need Your Love So Bad had been released over 6 months prior, Albatross was big news and about to hit Number 1 in the UK charts (probably hitting number 1 a week or so after the band was discussed in this clip).

Showbiz Cheat Sheet
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...get-back.html/

Beatles: Get Back’
by Hannah Wigandt | More Articles: Music
Published November 30, 2021

The Beatles may have been in their own little world for much of their time together, but they did know about other artists’ music. We saw that clear as day in Peter Jackson’s new three-part documentary, The Beatles: Get Back. While the group was supposed to be writing 14 original songs for their new album and a TV special, they often found themselves jamming out to songs penned by their idols, past and present. In other scenes, The Beatles even praised those idols.

In Part 2 of Jackson’s documentary, John Lennon asked the rest of the group if they’d seen Fleetwood Mac on Late Night Live the night before. This was, of course, before Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham had joined the band. Then, Fleetwood Mac consisted of founder and frontman Peter Green, drummer Mick Fleetwood, bassist John McVie, guitarist Danny Kirwan, the occasional keyboardist Christine Perfect (later Christine McVie), and slide guitarist Jeremy Spencer.

“They’re so sweet, man,” John told The Beatles. “And their lead singer’s great. You know, looks great, and he sort of sings quiet as well. He’s not a shouter.” Paul said they sounded like Canned Heat. “Yeah, but better than Canned Heat,” John said.

“There was only four of them last night, wasn’t there?” George asked John. “Yeah, they’re really good though…,” John replied. We don’t know which four of the members of Fleetwood Mac actually appeared during the TV performance, but Spencer probably wasn’t there.

However, John seemed really inspired by Fleetwood Mac at that point, so it’s no surprise that one of his next songs took a page from the blues/folk group’s book.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood