View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
Nah, I wasn't going to add that to the timeline, I was just curious about it!
Well if you're referring to creating new threads, some of those ideas may have merit.

Btw here's another take for your CM enlistment collection Moz.

MOJO Magazine
August 2004
As told to James McNair

It began as a marriage of convenience and ended with an earthquake. This month we say “Hi!” and “Bye!” with Christine McVie and Fleetwood Mac *

HELLO
August 1970

I’d married John McVie and just prior to that Peter [Green] had left the band. That devastated them, but Mick [Fleetwood], John, Danny Kirwan and Jeremy Spencer were trying to carry on as a four-piece. After Chicken Shack, I’d had a brief skirmish with a solo career, and then become a housewife. Fleetwood Mac were rehearsing for the album Kiln House and all us wives, kids and pets were living there, too. It was a rambling old oast house; you can see it in the pin sketch I drew for the album cover.

The band decided that they needed to augment their sound. And because I was living with them, I knew the songs. One night at dinner they said, “How about joining the band, Chris? We’re desperate!” There was no audition or anything; it was a case of them liking my voice and my keyboard-playing and knowing what they were getting.

Ten days later we were performing in New Orleans at a club, The Warehouse. I’d never been to the US before and I felt jet-lagged and under-rehearsed. It was nerve-wracking and frenetic, and I was in a band with my idols and I’d married one of them and our marriage was very happy at that stage.