View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
From what I hear it is all true. Supposedly they are actively looking for a replacement for him. Oy vey.

I hope that Lindsey releases an album and spends this year touring for it. That is what he really wanted to do. The rest of the group should allow him to do that and take the year off themselves. I don't want FM to continue without Lindsey again. I'm sure by the beginning of next year when all is said and done that LB would be more than willing to regroup with the Mac and head out for a long tour.
I also want Lindsey to focus on his solo album and tour, and enjoy life with his solo fans (all 12 of us!) and leave all this 40+ years behind him. Of course it won't be easy but he needs to think about his legacy as a musician. If he was kicked out as Billy is constantly saying, that's the worst legacy he could have asked for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
The only reason I can possibly think of that Mick would fire Lindsey is if Stevie said "it's him or me". At the end of the day, Mick knows a Lindsey-less tour will still make more money than a Stevie-less one, and we all know Mick follows the money...

That said, I won't believe anything until it comes directly from one of the horses mouths.
If you're waiting for an explanation from a band who clearly has one of the most poorly handled PR in the world, then I guess you will have to stick with your idea of what really happened.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.