View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Although I'm bummed LB is gone (for now, anyway, who knows what'll happen 5 years from now), I have to admit I am ok with LB being replaced in a way I never would be if SN were replaced, and here's why- Stevie is a singer only. Lindsey, being a guitarist, HAS to be replaced. The band NEEDS a guitarist. Bringing Mike Campbell in to play guitar is pretty damn genius- he's incredible, well-liked and has a following. And bringing Neil Finn is also clever- while we're all speculating he'll be singing LB songs live, the band will probably surprise us by having him sing Danny Kirwin or Bob Welch songs instead.

Who is speculating this? I think most people probably feel as if they'll avoid Lindsey songs as much as possible. Said it before but the only Lindsey song I can see them playing would be Go Your Own Way (as well as World Turning and The Chain). They'll do what they did in 87/88 and play several PG songs. I can also imagine them writing a couple of new tunes and playing those as well. I can definitely envisage Neil writing and performing a duet with Christine.

Oh Well- highly likely bordering on a dead cert
Black Magic Woman- highly likely
Green Manalishi- very good shout
Sentimental Lady- possibility

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood