View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
for people who are asking about what happened - here is some more, filled in by Rick Turner (luthier who made Turner Model 1, LB's guitar) -

Rick Turner:
At one point, Lindsey had proposed that both FM and he with his band tour at the same time with the LB band filling in dates between the FM shows. The report was that Stevie wanted at least a day between gigs; Lindsey wanted to play as much as possible. That's what I heard from a most reliable source at the NAMM show in January.

i asked Rick whether it's ok if i post here (you know, weirdos on The Ledge, as Jimmy P. nicely calls people here ). this was Rick's response:

Rick Turner
Elle Llew Sure. I think it just points out one point of contention. Maybe it looked to some as though LB was going to do really well touring hard; perhaps not doubling his money on the tour, but certainly getting in nearly twice the audience face time. I did not hear whether Christine was going to possibly do the LB gigs as well as the FM gigs, but Bret and Neil would have, and that would have made nice...and deserved...paydays for them. Good guys, great musicians. I know Federico was looking forward to ti.

and more:

Rick Turner
Felix Le Chat Lindsey would have gotten more press than Stevie if they'd done a double tour like that.
I absolutely believe that Lindsey wanted to do solo concert dates during the FM tour, and that that was why he's not touring with them now. I even shared this theory myself days ago. And I see both pov but ultimately, I understand why the band didn't like the idea at all and didn't agree to it. Two reasons: he would have been competing with the band for tickets, press, etc. Second, he would have been happier performing his solo shows, and that would have been obvious at the FM shows, kind of like how he was at the East/West Coast FM shows. And I don't believe for one second Christine would have performed with him. She's content to perform with FM live and anyway, Lindsey wants to promote his new solo album.

Pure speculation now on my part, which I wouldn't normally share but since everyone else has, I may as well- what if Lindsey was the one who gave the ultimatum? "Either I get to do my solo tour on off days or I won't tour with you guys at all."

I still look forward to hearing what Lindsey and FM have to say about what really happened.