View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
Now this is more like it. Best Christine song since Everywhere. (Actually it's better than Everywhere.) And for all those who are complaining about its lyrics, how are these any worse than those of Everywhere, Got a Hold on Me, or Over My Head? What were you expecting, a commentary on global warming? It's a typical bouncy Christine love song made memorable by Lindsey's offbeat production ideas. If this sounds like Tango II, well and good!

*bounces*
In my world has been available for 2 weeks and feel about you has been available just today. I've already listened to feel about you more. This song is great. And I immediately thought Everywhere too. But much better then Everywhere. I've never actually liked everywhere at all. But I'm loving this.

I think the thing I love most about this is, and it's not something I even realized was lacking until today. This is what hearing a new Fleetwood Mac song sounds like?! I thought I felt this in 2003, but I now truly understand what many others have said about that album. Tons of great music, and I love say you will and will continue to, and it absolutely IS Fleetwood Mac because Mick and John are there, but not one song has that cohesive feel of all the members of the band being together at once and creating a new song, especially on the vocal front. I us to think half of the harmonies on say you will sounded organic and the other half were way too painfully obvious that stevie was just laying vocals over long done songs(Miranda being my worst offender) But now I see not one song stevie and Lindsey have recorded together this century touch the vocal cohesion of this song. And the significant prescience of PIANO is a VERY needed element in the rumours band fleetwood Mac sound. Rumours era Fleetwood Mac are NOT meant to be a power trio (have to specify era of the band there, others definitely can)

And on the other end, I like this better then anything on in the meantime. And that's weird because there's a lot of great stuff on there. Really not all that different then this new song. But the superior rhythm section and Lindsey's production elevated Christine so much. Lindsey and Chris are such a perfect musical marriage.

Now I'm not anointing this Christine's greatest song of all time. I'm sure there will even be other songs on this new album that are better. But there might not be a song I listen to more just for the uniqueness of this experience. Hearing a newly created truly fleetwood Mac sounding fleetwood Mac song.

He Will Burn You Down