View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
Believe me you can't win for losing in that regard. One can just as easily be perceived as snobby or prudish for being shy and insecure as someone who is happy and care free. But don't we all want to look our best? People can be mean spirited though b/c you may potentially have something in yourself that they lack.
But I mask my insecurities BY being loud I think. Maybe not so much anymore. I'm a lot different now than when I was 21/22. But I was super shy and insecure, but the other 2 "plastics"... lets call them Regina and Gretchen... basically "trained" me on how to be outgoing. As I look back, I was totally a project for them. My ex was very much a laid back small town kind of guy, and thats how I was brought up, so I easily fit into that situation. Regina and Gretchen had other plans. I was totally their Kady Herron. Months after they were done, I totally called them on it. They just laughed and were like, "but don't you love your life so much more now?" And I do, I'm not shy anymore, and my insecurities are mostly gone. It was the whole "fake it till you make it" thing, and it worked.