View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 11:21 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Honestly, it took me getting to the point where I actually lost all interest in dating to stumble upon someone who was worthy of my time. When I met my current bf, for the first time in my life I didn't want to date anyone... I was relishing being single for the first time EVER, and was enjoying living my life for me. Looking back, perhaps my desperation to find someone to settle down with was far more visible than I thought, and scared off potential suitors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy2010 View Post
Love this Louie. I usually scare people off in the opposite manner. I usually push people away or don't tell people how I feel to the point where it drove my ex batty. I always come off "strange" to people I believe. But I just assume get online and discuss my problems to complete strangers than to be perceived as weak or fukced up to someone I know on the outside

I teeter back and forth between both of these. After I had ended my first "real" relationship, I didn't know how to be single anymore and absolutely hated it. Sleeping alone isn't my favorite. But after I had gotten over that aspect and become more comfortable with being single (and ultimately myself) I had become preceived as "snobby," which wasn't at all the case. My friends and I took pride in how we looked when we'd go out, be loud, have a blast, pictues every 15 seconds. And this morphed into the three of us (along with whatever girls we brought along) being called "the plastics" (mean girls had recently come out). Which I suppose could be intimidating. But seriously, judging people for trying to be as perfect as possible is JUST as bad as judging for someone for being less than attractive. I just have the attitude now that when it happens, it happens... just as long as it happens before I'm 30...