View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Objectively speaking:

I was surprised Mick even acknowledged Lindsey was fired, so it was more honest than what I expected. He was polite about the decision, he answered the questions and no one badmouthed Lindsey. I appreciated the confirmation that things came to a boil at the MusiCares event, and Anthony saying most people that night watching the performance had no idea there had been a problem.

I was disappointed we didn't see more rehearsal footage. Seeing them sing the Chain briefly was awesome, but I wanted more.

I didn't see a problem with Mick acknowledging they also auditioned another singer. First of all, they didn't talk about it in the actual interview, that was something Anthony Mason shared with the hosts afterwards. Second, for all we know, that singer declined to join the band, not the other way around. I just don't think it was disrespectful for them to acknowledge they auditioned two different singers. More than likely, it was Billy Burnette, but who knows?

I wish John had said something about what it was like playing with Mike for the first time.

I thought it was hilarious when Stevie said they considered replacing Lindsey with anyone between the ages of 27 and 60. A funny line, but probably true. And Christine said Neil just barely made the cut- very funny.

I like how CBS This Morning gives the show hosts an opportunity to share their thoughts. They were quite enthusiastic about the upcoming tour.