Thread: Chicago 4/13
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I wish I had seen him doing that at MSG. Really cool. I'm guessing Stevie isn't sitting on the other side of the stage. Come to think of it, it's probably the only real break Lindsey gets the entire show--besides between the main set and encore.
He's been doing that all the time for all the tours. He never leaves the stage (well, until the encores). Just one time he did leave the stage during World Turning during the SYW tour and I think he walked into something and came back out with a cut on his head. But that was an anomaly. Normally, he stays put.

Man, during the Dance, Mick would be by himself for his solo. Then, at the end Lindsey would get up from the side of the stage and kind of "chase" Mick back to his drum kit, strumming forcefully on his guitar as Mick backed away and then Christine would come from backstage and take her place at the piano and John would return and start working the bass again and they'd all resume playing Not That Funny, one by one, it was like a burst of power. Like the pot had been on simmer and comes roaring back to boil. I really enjoyed that.

Michele