View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Billy and Rick are great musicians, but they’re more sidemen than rock stars. Neil was the leader of two big bands and Mike Campbell was part of one of rock’s most legendary partnerships ever. Neil and Mike are in a completely different class, and I think it has the potential to lead to new Fleetwood Mac music.

I’m not defending anyone, but Neil and Mike are fantastic, bold choices for the band if they can’t keep the classic lineup going. I’m excited to see what Fleetwood Mac does and I’m excited to see what Lindsey does. Fleetwood Mac has been horribly stagnant. Lindsey wanted to change that, but Stevie didn’t, apparently at least not with him. Now I get what I want from Lindsey (new music) and Fleetwood Mac (something that forces them to change things up). Really a win-win, under the circumstances.
I agree, the more I read here about Neil Finn, the more excited I am about the tour. It can totally be a win-win for everyone. I loved Rick Vito and Billy Burnette, but as you said, they were more sidemen. Neil and Mike will add more energy and creativity then they were able to, I think.

I really hope the set list shows the strength of all the members, including the new guys. Their enthusiasm for being in the band has me enthusiastic now!