View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Last week January 27 was officially 33 years since Christine released her second solo album that was self titled. I was 13 and was not aware Christine was even working on a solo album (no internet in those days). I remember the day in February that I heard "Got a hold on me" on the radio. Our school had a 2 hour snow delay and when I heard it on the radio, I instantly knew it was Christine and was "so excited" she did a solo album. My birthday was in February and I got her solo album for my birthday. I remember listening to American top 40 waiting for Got a hold on me to debut. Sure enough the week it debuted it was one notch higher than Stevie's "Nightbird."

Fantastic album. It did not get great reviews but it also did not get bad reviews. I love every song on the album.

Happy Belated Birthday Christine McVie (1984).
I remember running in the living room when I heard the video playing on MTV. I was in HS and it was so uncool to love Christine McVie or Stevie Nicks... but I didn't care..