View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What could have been

I have been watching The Dance DVD on heavy rotation and getting nostalgic about the first and only time I saw the Mac live - On With the Show in Sydney in 2015. It was of course the Rumours line up.

So I can't stop thinking about what could have been. I know there are all sorts of theories circulating here as to why Lindsey "took leave of my band of 43 years" and I highly doubt any of them are accurate. Only five people know the genuine reason as to why Lindsey was dismissed...well quite possibly less than five, as we are led to believe that Christine and John were not involved in the decision.

This is a thread to discuss what we're missing out by not having Lindsey. It is also a thread to discuss what we are gaining.

My biggest gripe? I think if Lindsey was still in the band we would have got some new music in the setlist, even if it was just On With the Show and Carnival Begin. I will NOT miss I'm So Afraid, which goes on for what feels like 12 minutes and is an excellent opportunity for a bathroom break to take a massive dump.
What are we gaining? Biggest bonus for me is some blues era Fleetwood Mac tunes.