View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Again, I'm as big a fan of Lindsey as there is but Lindsey is only part of the history of Fleetwood Mac. The band recorded 9 albums before Lindsey joined the band. In fact, the band has recorded more albums without Lindsey than with Lindsey. Lindsey was obviously a huge part of their artistic and commercial success (Rumours and Tusk being two of the best albums of all-time) but the band is far more than just Lindsey Buckingham.
Lol please do not tell me that the band existed before and without Lindsey. I'm perfectly aware. But the 'before' Lindsey is not a 40+ year legacy with that one person putting SO much into the band. Even when he bailed after Tango, he did so AFTER having made an album that went on to sell millions and millions of copies. Lindsey wanted to record a final album with the band VERY much because he wanted to wrap up that wonderful legacy. And thanks to Miss Stevie Nicks, that didn't happen. And then not only did he not get the album he very much wanted, he then got pushed out of that same band that he put so much into it.
In my opinion this entire situation is just an absolutely appalling disrespect and if they actually record a new album (aka if Stevie Nicks really wants to spite Lindsey) then it'll just be pouring salt into the wound.
That's my opinion you don't have to agree with it.