View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Oh, so this piqued my interest. From my reading, Christine has been very reluctant to say much about the demise of that relationship, but was that part of it? Him latching onto her songwriting and taking credit? I feel like I saw that somewhere or it was implied from remarks she's made? Any info on this -- greatly appreciated!
IIRC, in either a thread about the Buck/Vie album or the Tango Deluxe Edition, there is a link to an interview with Christine where she really downplayed Eddy's part in cowriting her songs. I found that interesting because, to me, songs like Save Me, Little Lies, and Isn't It Midnight really do seem lyrically different from her previous songs. They seem, I'm not sure what the word is, maybe stronger or less peppy. They have more depth, I feel, than You Make Loving Fun or Love in Store. Having said that, Carnival Begin certainly has a depth her earlier songs lacked, so maybe Eddy was more of an inspiration to her than an actual cowriter. Anyway, sorry I can't direct you to the specific interview where she spoke about it, but I'm certain it was a link on this message board.