View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 05:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
At the first Fleetwood Mac show, they played "The Supernatural," which Peter recorded with the Bluesbreakers. Mick, Jeremy, and Bob Brunning were not on the original, and it wasn't a Fleetwood Mac song.

When Christine joined, they did "I'd Rather Go Blind," "Get Like You Used To Be," and "Crazy 'Bout You, Baby," which were either Chicken Shack or solo.

When Lindsey and Stevie joined, they did "Don't Let Me Down Again" and (briefly) "Frozen Love."

When Billy was in the band, they did "Tear It Up" and "The Bigger The Love."

When Dave Mason was in the band, they did "We Just Disagree," "Only You Know and I Know," "Feelin' Alright," and "Dear Mr. Fantasy."

ETA: The band has also done "Stand Back," "Go Insane," and HAEWAFY, which were also not Fleetwood Mac songs.

How is doing "Don't Dream It's Over" any crazier, or even slightly out of character?
Doing DDIO is basically saying “we know it doesn’t make a lot of sense that we brought Neil Finn to this band at this very late stage of our existence but hey here’s that famous song he did that you all know”. Had they instead chosen to write a new FM song or two with Finn, then the message would be “here’s a couple of songs by this new version of FM to introduce this great addition and show you why we chose him”. Also - it’s really lazy of them.