View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post

--What was the trigger for leaving Fleetwood Mac in 1998? Did it have anything to do with the Mac albums that preceded it, Behind The Mask (1990) and Time (’95)?
"I don’t think anyone likes those albums. They’re terrible"--

I knew her disdain for Time, but she speaks in very specific plural language here. Those albums and they're terrible spell out pretty clearly its not just Time she despises, but with time (pun intended) she came to disown its predecessor, Behind the Mask as well.
I remember reading this a while back. I'm glad she recognised the weakness of BTM. The title track aside, I have a hard time listening to her contributions on that album (as well as the rest of it) as they are so derivative, uninspired and occasionally clunky in a way that her work on previous albums going back to Future Games only very, very, rarely was. She clearly missed Lindsey's inspiration and was happy to acknowledge his contribution to her work (whether or not he got a credit).

I think she's selling herself short for her most of her work on Time- the production is better, there are some wonderful moments, particularly on All Over Again and Sooner or Later and it seems that she froze Dave Mason out of playing on her tracks as Michael Thompson is credited for "guitars" in the main . In fact there are very few occasions on that album when Christine and Dave appear on the same track - Nothing Without You, where Lindsey is on backing vocals is an example.