View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 09:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Except we don’t know that she won’t record, especially now that Mick Campbell has joined. Maybe we will get another FM album and a 24KG2 album. I have always thought her won’t record because record don’t sell” was a smoke screen for “won’t record because there is no way we will sell enough records to justify spending time with Lindsey in a studio.” But now the game has changed. She did go into the studio to do a few guest songs over the last few years. We don’t know what she has planned.
As a fan, I agree - I think it was an excuse so she didn't have to spend time with Lindsey. They still went on with the show for years, but the band has probably never entirely healed from things that happened. Hence, when it looks like all five are ready for a project, it never quite gets there and one of them will bail out.

This is probably gonna be a controversial question - I hope not a trigger for someone who may have been in an abusive, toxic relationship themselves. Has anyone else wondered if perhaps she suffers some trauma from their relationship and how he treated her? These days we'd probably call it abuse. Onstage they're singing songs from the time when it was worst. Imagine all the feelings that brings back, possible flashbacks of things that are upsetting?

Abused women often still feel like they love the partner, and they have difficulty moving on. This just adds to their struggle. The effects can last strongly for many years afterwards.

I read reports that she really struggled to finish the last tour and couldn't wait for it to be over, because she wasn't feeling comfortable with Lindsey and it was really starting to drag her down. Perhaps she thought that after a two year break, she might be feeling strong enough to go back out on the road with him again.

If this is how she feels, I don't think she should have to put up with the situation. I know I wouldn't. May be part of the reason why I'm finding the attacks on her quite offensive.

Ftw I don't think this was all just down to Stevie. I think that Mick may have been having his own trouble with Lindsey as well.