View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 05:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
Ace Frehley? Lol. Seriously though, as startled as I am by the selections, I'm excited at the prospect of older Mac tunes. Since all indications point to Stevie and Mick not wanting to do the same old same ol, this tour could be pretty interesting.
We will see. I have the opposite opinion. Adding 2 new members for a tour (not recording) makes the band play a more traditional set. IMHO they have to convince everyone they are still Fleetwood Mac. Unfortunately IMHO, the "older" material that will be played will be covered by the new guys. I really think they are forced to crank out the hits more than ever. Although its possible for Chris to do one blues song since now her song list increased by at least 3. We on this board are the hardcore fans. The Mac is afraid to play older stuff because the audience does not know it. These kinds of tours, they play for the mass concert attendee. In 1987 Stevie added 2 solo songs and a Buckingham Nicks song to the set. I also think she will play at least 1 solo song and a Heartbreaker song. I think we were counting on deep cuts from Tusk like Angel or Mirage's Straight Back. I think those kind of songs are out the window now. It will be their standard set plus 2 classic Mac tunes, plus Stevie solo/Heartbreaker song. Even on the Buckingham/McVie tour, Christine was extremely conservative. She had the chance to dig out some great songs. But she played only the hits (not including the new promotional songs from their album).

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-14-2018 at 05:25 AM..