View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think it was interesting that Mick says that when he started working on GoS with Lindsey and John, he thought he was going to form a new band with Lindsey, but then Christine joined in and Stevie came, because she wanted Lindsey to work on Twisted and then, voila, you had Fleetwood Mac again.

Michele
Q: In regards to the subject of LB's record becoming a Fleetwood Mac record...is SN on the record at all? I read that all the other Mac's worked on the record (GOS's) at some point, but never heard anything about SN.
Neale Heywood: You know I thought that Stevie had done some harmony stuff on the record, I saw her a few times during the recordings so I think she is on there but I could be wrong.

Also, just leaving these here, subject to claims of 'Oh, he was just overcompensating out of hurt!' or 'It's just press!' or 'He was hurt and lashing out!' or 'Well, what was he MEANT to say!?'

Philadelphia Inquirer, 2003

'To be honest, I felt that Lindsey and I were stunning… . It was a rush, like we were being thrown back into a style of singing that was so great, that we loved, from long ago… We stopped being a duo the day we joined Fleetwood Mac. And that was great, but it was different. In the end, Christine even knew it… We always wanted to sing by ourselves, and in some ways this album is very reminiscent of that time.'

'We were joking that we had to hold out 25 years to do what we really wanted to do,' he [Lindsey] says, explaining that his one regret is they didn't collaborate in the writing. 'I want to hear what would happen if we were to go in and start working from the ground up.'

Guitar World, 2003

'Now Stevie and I joke about having played this exquisite waiting game to go back to being Buckingham/Nicks again,' the guitarist says with a laugh. 'And in some ways, the differences between Stevie's style and mine are actually more marked by having only the two of us writing songs for this album.'

June 2007

Although I will have to say, (I enjoyed) the last Fleetwood Mac tour we did, which was three-plus years ago. Even though Christine wasn’t there and even though we all miss her as a person you know, she just picked up stakes and moved to England I have to say I had more fun on that tour than I’ve ever had by virtue of the fact that it was just two writers up there. [Lindsey]

"I’m a little bit territorial about what we’ve been able to achieve. If Christine were to call and say she wants to come back, would we say, ‘No, you can’t?’ I don’t know. As much as I love her, I would hope it doesn’t happen. I feel like we’re onto something very viable. In many ways, it’s something Stevie and I have been waiting to do for a long time." [Lindsey]

Say You Will tourbook

"As long as it was a trio, it had to stay that way, as it should have,” Stevie explains. “But because Chris left, this was our only choice. And then after we started, Lindsey and I began to realize that this is why we came here in the first place. So really it’s a long way to go to come around to the beginning.”

“Yes, it’s all been an elaborate waiting game,” Lindsey adds in with a laugh.

AOL Sessions, 2003

Mick: Well, the obvious one for me is seeing these two people here in front of me and John… That whole dynamic is a fascinating one because they came into Fleetwood Mac together and sort of, in many ways, this is sort of a full circle, seeing that element really play out something almost that I never got to see, y’know, because they joined Fleetwood Mac.

Lindsey: We had to wait twenty five years to do what we really wanted to do.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"