View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Kinda funny that Stevie used to get ridiculed endlessly for being a "rock chick cum fashion maven," and now that she's toned down that part of her stage image, she gets ragged about that.
The poor woman can never win.

Anyway, I thought that band sounded fine... nothing extraordinary, but certainly not awful either.
But yes, "Peacekeeper" seems to be turning into a rather mundane song when performed live. Which is weird for Fleetwood Mac, because their songs usually have more crunch on stage.

I noticed some people are commenting that Stevie hasn't been putting any "passion" into her singing on "Peacekeeper," but keep in mind it's not her song. Lindsey's the lead, and she's just providing harmony vocals for him... which requires a more subdued performance on her end.

If she did "go off," then she's probably get blasted for trying to upstage L.B.... so it's another one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations.

Hopefully we'll get a more energetic performance from both of them tomorrow night.

As for the more aesthetic aspects... Stevie, to me, looks slimmer than she has in YEARS. Even more so than on 'The Dance.'
But yeah, i'll admit that I'd love to see her mix up her wardrobe a little more. Some reds instead of always wearing black. And something a little different with her hairstyle (she's letting her bangs grow out, but it's not very flattering to her).

And Lindsey? Woof! He is getting hotter and hotter every time I see him (and I used to think his peak "hottie" years were around '73-'78).

Looking forward to tomorrow night!
There was no excuse whatsoever for those RAL era costumes she wore, they were atrocious. They were so ugly they made peoples eyes hurt! So, comments made about those were justified. Nowadays though, she has completely gotten rid of her image and style. Now it's just plain black, nothing "gypsy" about her garb these days. She didn't tone it down, she obliterated it. People expect her to wear clothes that complement her mystical music BECAUSE she is Stevie Nicks. When she gets rid of that image, of course people are going to say something, as they have every right to.

Regardless of whether or not it was her song and she was only harmonizing, her harmony SUCKED. She was off-key, lazy, and bored. That surprised me because she is such a good harmony singer. Just because it wasn't her song, that didn't mean she couldn't put passion into it. She's in a GROUP, someone elses song should be treated as her own. She should put 100% into what she's doing. What I saw last night, along with a few others, was horrid. She's become incredibly boring and blah to watch these days. She needs her oomph. Her vocal was atrocious and I'd hate to hear what non-fans thought. She's trying to sell an album, just like the others; she needs to put in a performance that is going to do that. Last night, she completely missed the mark. It was painful.

Last edited by dissention; 04-24-2003 at 10:10 AM..