View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
I would think that the Lindsey that brought Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy to the table is the one showing up. If only for the sake of having a commercially viable album. Obviously he tried to stay pop with the EP (save for the piano ballad that was wildly out of place IMO), so I would think, especially with Christine back, he would be shooting for a more classic style. Maybe a second (pipe dream) album from the 5 would be Tusk level weird again. And that would be a good thing.
yes, why not?

people complain all over these threads that they don't want the pop LB from the the EP, that Christine can do that instead. my thinking is more on the same page as you - why not having 2 albums - one pop followed by a weird one?

of course, personally i would probably hate that. his Grammy performance with Trent and the guys whetted my appetite for solo FM-less LB again. and i assume that won't happen for a long long time now... then again, his Hesitation Marks involvement and Grammy performance came out of the blue and didn't take much of his time either, so maybe there's some hope for something like that too in between all this Mac work he'll be doing this year??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"