View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
Timothy B Schmit is the second Eagles bass guitarist. He replaced Randy Meisner (who sang Take it to the Limit and other songs) in 1977 and was a member of the band until its end with Glenn Frey's passing. He previously replaced Randy Meisner in the band Poco which he was a member of for many years. In both cases, he was able to slot straight in, and handle the very high harmony vocals that Meisner had been doing in the bands.

His best-known lead vocal is the Eagles song "I Can't Tell You Why".

Live, his voice sounds absolutely fine, though he's starting to look a bit craggy.

I'll be evil and slip in a recommendation for his most recent solo album "Leap of Faith" which IMHO shows that as well as his vocals going from strength to strength, so is his songwriting. It's country-rock very much in the mould of early Eagles albums. EDIT: Though, I now realise this recommendation fits in perfectly with the topic of this thread. He just released the album, and it's very good. Timothy B fans are extremely happy with it. It's on Spotify.
Thanks I'll check it out ..I was not sure how Timothy 's voice had held up but I know he is a spectacular singer..Just listen to his runs at the end of Poco's epic "Rose of Cimarron" .