Thread: Fake Fur?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by paleshadow
I think it's great that people feel so pasionately about this, but morality is subjective. To say something is moraly wrong is to imply that your morals are the standard. This is a big world, and there are many cultures and belief systems that do not comply with our own, as a country or personally. To say that someone should be required to answer to anyone who asks them why they wear anything is ridiculous just because you don't like it. If someone came up to me on the streat and said "Excuse me, but what gives you the right to wear that" I would reply "I'm sorry, but I missed the part where you explained why it was any of your business". This is America, so you do have the right to express that you don't like something, but as long as someone isn't breaking the law (remember, moral law is subjective unless you have a red phone that dials God direct) then no one is "required" to explain their actions to anyone. I don't really buy the "desensitized" comment about killing in regards to fur trapping or wearing. If anything, we have become super sensitized to these type of things. Since man began walking on two feet we have primarily been a carnivorous, skin/fur wearing people. I think that people should understand eachothers differences, and respect them rather than just try to change them. Passion is great, but not when it deteriorates into a false sense of moral supremacy.
Well, when someone skins a human being and wears their carcass out on the town, you have NO right to question them for their fashion sense or lack thereof. After all, morals are subjective.

Gimme a break. It is morally wrong to kill just to make yourself look good. There is a big difference with being carnivorous (aka eating meat) and skinning the hides of innocent animals just to wear them and no other purpose. That's what we have winter coats made out of cotton and vinyl.

Why kill when it isn't necessary?