Thread: Fake Fur?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2003, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
The law is theoretically based on ethics. Morality is something different. The question is, regardless of the law, is it moral to trap an animal specifically for the fur?
But ethics is pretty much the basis for moral rules in our society. Don't act like ethics and moraltiy are not connected. And the problem with both is that they are subjective, and because of that we'll never be able to say what is definately right or wrong. It's a personal choice. And if you're asking for my personal opinions, no I don't think it's moral to trap an animal specificlaly for the fur. And besides the fact that I would look rediculous, I would never wear a fur coat myself because I don't think it's right. But why should I infringe upon other people's right to choose and decide their own morals. The other problem I have with all if this is I don't see how it's any more humane to kill cows for food and jackets or shoes. I know before you justified this by saying we use the whole cow, but does that really make it right? Maybe yes, maybe no. It's subjective, and that's all I'm trying to say.