Thread: So...now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
You don't have to sell me on Lindsey ... the guy is incredible. However, Neil Finn is also incredible. If you have to lose Lindsey, you can't do much better than Neil Finn.

Have you seen Neil perform? I've seen him many times including two nights earlier this month and he's a very energetic, passionate, charismatic lead man.

Don't believe me?

Check these out these two examples ...

The first clip is Neil killing it with Eddie Vedder (of Pearl Jam) singing Neil's old Split Enz song "History Never Repeats".

The second clip is Neil and his 7 Worlds Collide band performing a powerful version of his song "Suffer Never".

I don't mean talent. I'm sure he's very talented. Waddy Wachtel is a very talented musician but I've always thought he and his arrangements completely butchered songs like Sara and Gypsy on Stevie's solo tours. That's what I'm referring to. Lindsey is pretty specific in terms of his guitar and the way that he plays and it's a very, very essential part of the 'Fleetwood Mac' sound, especially in their live shows. They're going to have to change the arrangements of a lot of their songs and the way they've played those songs for years now. And that would be the same if it's Neil Finn or Eric Clapton being brought in.