View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I was also surprised by the recorded backing tracks. While I knew this existed I was surprised by the quantity of it. Because of LBs coughing early in the show he missed several cues. The song songs sounded normal and when he re-entered it was hard to tell a difference. The grunting in IMW for instance is all recorded, all the "Tusk" shouts for both CM and LB are recorded. It appeared that almost all chorus parts for LB were recorded too, and he could choose to sing on top or just mouth as needed. There were even two times I saw CM try to sing a line at the wrong time and nothing audible came out. That could be her catching herself, but she sang multiple words each time it happened. I felt like we got to see behind the curtain a little. The guy at the soundboard must be a busy man. At least the quantity was new to me. I've never been that close. I have my doubts on some of the instrumentation too but I'm not sure.
I caught a lot of this too (though really couldn't see Christine's face well enough after dark to be sure when she was singing at all! I always end up on Lindsey's side at every show somehow). Heat makes me brain foggy so I'm bad at recalling the specifics but super impressed when fans like you can. I definitely remember one of the coughs and LB coming in late and thinking to myself "well, there's the recorded backing everyone was talking about". I think it was during Tusk where at one point he was back by the drummer and I started to get nervous because I thought he was going to miss his cue entirely to get back to the mic. He made it back but definitely was a recorded voice that started in before he chimed in over top.

I'm laughing that you saw the Jethro guy too. I tried to be polite in my summary of him but I definitely had some major moments of frustration with that guy! I swear at one point he shouted "You guys are bada**!" Seemed he thought he was at a hard rock show.

You might have seen me as well then too. I was just to the right of that guy, short, auburn hair in a ponytail, danced in my seat a lot and sang along, and also had an ice pack with me I was holding to my head for much of the show. Really wasn't feeling too well but when the show started I was so pumped with adrenaline I hardly noticed. I assume I'm a super dorky dancer though. 😉

Because I was so far up front I never did get a really good look around but definitely noticed how spread out folks were. And definitely a lot of people left early. Seemed like it took a little longer than expected for the encore anyway but I was surprised by how many people in the front couple of rows left then. Thought the Stevie lookalike and her mother had left early even but then saw them after the show up at the front hoping for picks and setlists.

Did you take any pictures? I know there was what appeared to be a professional photographer who not only got up front on Lindsey's side but even squeezed behind the rails but I don't know if she was with the band or a local paper or what. Sure she got some great shots. Still bummed about my camera. Would've liked to have had a high quality shot I took myself to frame with my pick. But I had fun so I'm happy. Hope Lindsey has some time to recoiperate from whatever he was fighting off.