View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

what a great find...thanks so much for sharing!

I love the bit where Stevie says "don't play too fast" and Lindsey then automatically starts playing too fast.

And her scuttling offstage and drinking in the wings. Only the chemical changed over the years.

I don't know if Lindsey does want to bury the album.....maybe.....or maybe he wants to do something "meaningful" with it as he was quoted as saying. He didn't see the value in just putting it out as-is unless they were somehow doing something new or unique with it. Honestly, I disagree with him on that.

Always interesting to see who stayed in the inner circle and who got pushed out of it. Stevie relied on Tom Moncrief to help her with demos after she and Lindsey split up. I seem to recall Danny Goldberg telling the story of how he and Fishkin (I think) went to see her and she was working on stuff with Tom and they decided they needed to get her with a producer right away.
I think Tom also helped set up a lot of her recording/audio equipment to work on her stuff.

Richard has posted a number of pics of them with Aguirre and others from the BN/Fritz bands during the early FM days. You wonder if they just got too busy to keep up with old friends as FM took off, or got a little too self-important. I recall Bob Welch saying all of a sudden when he would call Mick he couldn't get through and would have to talk to an assistant who would ask "Who should I tell Mr Fleetwood is calling?" and he would get disgusted and hang up.

Fame does funny things.