View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The thing I found curious was that Stevie came to the sessions with fully flushed out demos and was upset by the way Lindsey deviated from them. Stevie, Christine, and Lindsey have all consistently stated over the decades that one of Lindsey’s biggest strengths was taking something completely rudimentary from Stevie (I believe Christine called it “rubbish”) and turning it into something spectacular. That’s always been the way he’s looked at his role in the band. It seems a little bizarre that she went into the sessions that way, especially knowing the core of Lindsey’s material was culled from songs he/they had been working on for at least six years. All three guys, not just Lindsey, seemed a little put off by it.
When I heard the Dreams' demo compared to the release, I dropped my jaw...

Oh my what an amazing production. I love the studio version of Dreams. The band captures Stevie's song and lifts it to new heights. Keyboards, backing vocals, the guitar work, the bass and drums... All magic.

It's also interesting to note that a lot of complaints about SYW were continuity issues.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-07-2018 at 10:50 AM..