View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...#entry36147408

Lindsey Buckingham says Christine McVie told him Fleetwood Mac "wasn't complete without" him

Credit: John Russo

Lindsey Buckingham revealed in a recent Twitter Q&A with fans that he's only had contact with one member of Fleetwood Mac since being fired from the band last year: singer/keyboardist Christine McVie, with whom he released a collaborative album in 2017.

Buckingham said that he heard from McVie shortly after he and Fleetwood Mac reached a settlement in the lawsuit he brought against the group over his dismissal.

"Christine said she missed me very much, that [Fleetwood Mac] wasn't complete without me," he revealed, "and said she felt that Stevie [Nicks] was very likely regretting having given the rest of the band the ultimatum that forced my departure."

"Perhaps [that was] wishful thinking on Christine's part," he continued, adding, "In any case, it was great to hear from her, and I do hope we work together again down the line."

Lindsey also responded to a question about whether he missed being in Fleetwood Mac.

"I can't say that I 'miss' being in Fleetwood Mac, as I've been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened," he noted. "So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss."

Buckingham recently finished a U.S. tour in support of his 2018 compilation Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham, and he has plans to hit the road again this year, in addition to releasing a new studio album.

Fleetwood Mac, whose lineup now features Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, begins the second leg of their North American tour on January 31 in Denver.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"