View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
In her defense (in a way), she was not really into it. She was going through the motions at this point. An album 2 years in the making and barely got out. Most of the songs are not hers. She became a caricature of herself. Addiction hurt not only her voice but also her craft. She is not alone when this happens. The music led to the big parties and drugs. But then the party and drugs are the priority and the music is just something to give excuses to party more.

Like Alice through the looking glass
She used to know who she was
I'm not exactly anti-drugs, but she really is an amazing example of why you might not want to get too deep into it. I mean, she's turned it around to a degree and has been pretty successful since as far as a performer, but as an artist and creator, she really lost herself after the early 80's. The incredibleness of what she was able to create especially in the Rumours/Tusk/BD/Mirage run when compared to what she couldn't do afterward...it's amazing.

And I agree, she clearly wasn't into the 80's cheese. She went that route and changed her whole personality but it came off as terrible and looking back it's really an embarrassing period for her. If her music would have stayed more in the rock arena vs. whatever path she went down, maybe things would have been more different from a creative standpoint. But her voice was so bad by the mid-80's, not sure anything would have mattered. I suppose this was when she really surrounded herself with lots of yes-men. I'm sure nobody was telling her, this stuff is trash...your voice sounds horrible, stop.