View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I thought the same thing when I heard it-- that she meant he wanted to delay from June to Nov of the same year --2018-- which didn't seem like *such* a big deal.

But then she said the "a year" thing on tv, and all the subsequent print reports in the news picked up on this and said that the band wanted to go tour but Lindsey wanted them to delay for a YEAR-- so the "he wanted to delay things for a whole year" nonsense is all over the internet and news and magazine reports about the personnel change.
I may be giving Stevie too much credit here, but I think the mental gymnastics she went through to get to "a year" and believe it (because "Remember, Jerry: It's not a lie, if you believe it.") are as follows:

According to the complaint Lindsey filed in LA Superior Court, there was a band meeting in November 2017 that ended abruptly with Lindsey walking out after they reached an impasse regarding scheduling. According to the complaint, Lindsey ceded to Stevie's schedule demands, but that's neither here nor there with regards to the question at hand. Stevie is starting the clock at November 2017 when she claims Lindsey wanted to wait "a year" to tour (i.e., not until November 2018). That's relatively logical, until you realize that she made that claim during an April 2018 interview and the fact that the band pushed back the start date of the tour to the fall anyway due to the firing of Lindsey and hiring the other two.

Regardless of the "logic" behind it, you are right that the result has been the press taking that claim of Stevie's as fact and republishing it over and over.