View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 04:50 AM

LANA DEL REY ON WORKING WITH STEVIE NICKS: "SHE WAS AMAZING"
The singer opens up about their collab, "Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems."

A month ago, intel leaked about a match in music heaven: Lana Del Rey and Stevie Nicks have a song together. In a new interview, the Lust for Life singer recalled what it was like working with the Fleetwood Mac frontwoman, and revealed the title of their collaboration on her upcoming album: "Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems."

"I kind of thought I had finished the record a couple of times, and then one of those times I really felt like I wanted a woman on the record," Del Rey opened up when she performed at KROQ Weenie Roast y Fiesta over the weekend. "I was talking to my producer, Rick Nowels, about who would be great to get on the record, and we both could only come up with Stevie."

Nowels, who went to high school with and previously collaborated with Nicks, gave the music legend a call and got her on board. The two of them started recording in New York, but she flew back to LA to finish the song the week after.

"She was amazing," Del Rey fawned. "She was everything you hope she’s gonna be. She’s so contemporary, and she knows all the new music that’s out weekly. She loved the track and she added so much to it."

"She's one of those few people I know [where] the muse is the most important thing to her. More than anything else, her priority is following the muse, wherever it takes her, whether it's like a 60-date tour or a new record or solo endeavor. She's inspirational like that."

Listen to her full interview below.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture...ie-nicks-song/