View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Thanks, A....Button.

Money is what separates us from the animals. Loaning friends money is usually a VERY bad idea. I loaned a very trusted friend $250, a couple months ago. I was promised it back in 2 weeks. It was for an expedited passport, as they got a summer internship in Melbourne. Didn't get the money back.... I'm in the process of getting a will done right now, and WAS leaving them enough money to pay off their student loans. When they get back, I'm giving two chances at offering me back the money. If not, their 50K in student loans will take a WHILE to pay off. Life is about doing the right and honest thing. And I'm a hard grader on such.
That's sad, especially if it happens with people you know and trust for a very long time. This is what I always say: it's their loss, and you clearly didn't mean that much. But mostly it's their loss.

I hope you get your money back. And not because of the material aspect of the situation.

And I also hope we can all sit and drink some beers (or whatever, I'm not picky ) after some Lindsey's solo concert (if there's ever one).
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.