View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
This post amuses me, you referring to the band members as if you know them.
But anyways, it's not that Christine "doesn't say anything bad about anyone". First of all she actually has-- she can be very blunt and she has openly critiqued both Stevie and Lindsey in the past. Apparently (on a lighter note) she even would tell engineers what "ugly fcking shirts" they're wearing!
Second of all, she actually spoke actively about how much she LOVED making the album. Not like she just "didn't say anything bad", she really praised the experience. In a radio interview she did just around the end of last year she casually referred to Lindsey as her "favorite guy to work with".
But I do agree with you that Lindsey's pace probably makes Stevie impatient because it's no fun to her. She's even said she just thinks Lindsey's process is no fun. However I think it's absolutely ridiculous that people think she can just not do it, just because she doesn't want to. She's a member of a band. It's her obligation as a band member to record with her band when they want to record. It wasn't just Lindsey who was ready to record-- it was all of them. Imagine if someone just walked into work and said they don't want to do whatever project their coworkers are doing, just because they don't want to. That's not how life works. Lindsey himself by all accounts had a miserable, near sanity breaking experience recording Tango-- complete with Mick passing out drunk/high in his home, Stevie flying off to sing with Tom Petty for no reason and more-- but he still did it! It's ridiculous that this band has become the "whatever Stevie wants" show.
I see the situation as much more of a balanced problem than you do. I see it being an equal parts Stevie and Lindsey issue while you see this as primarily a Stevie issue. Stevie is the person who gets impatient and doesn't like to spend many months on a project and Lindsey is a bit of a control guy who seems perfectly happy to spend weeks on a single song or part of a song and doesn't want others taking any control away from him. Just as Stevie doesn't want to record an exhausting Lindsey-led studio album, Lindsey doesn't want to change his working style and record an album in one month rather than many months. Life is a two way street and neither side has been ready to compromise which is one of the reason why things broke down earlier this year.