View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
The thing with Songbird, I don't know if she does it. It would take away from Lindsey's and Stevie's concert for a special guest to close it. How I see it, again: for Christine it all comes down to her confidence level and her humility (she's low key; she's not going to move attention away from the people the audience has paid to see for her).
I just don't think of her as a special guest. All these years I've been paying to see four FM members, Christine is part of the reason that got me there.

In 1990, Lindsey didn't close the show, because there was an encore (Songbird) but I thought it was a little odd that he got the closing highlight, GYOW with Rick and Billy there. I loved it, but I wondered if they felt a little pushed aside, especially since Mick brought Lindsey out for the last bow and made a big deal out of him. But that was strange because Billy and Rick weren't in the band with Lindsey.

With Lindsey, Christine and Stevie having achieved so much together, I just don't consider her an outsider. She probably won't do Songbird, but if she did, it would seem perfectly natural to me.

Michele