View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Oh, I didn't mean to be non sympathetic. I was kind of using your musings as a discussion point. And I agree that it probably was complicated. It sounds like it was. Especially in the Henley situation. And you are right, I don't think at the time Stevie would have wanted a child without the support of the father to be. Especially because of the way she idealized love. And yes, I agree that the fast life was a big factor, and there probably were more regrets later. Which I totally understand. I wouldn't give up what she was experiencing at the time for a child.
But as far as really thinking she has tons and tons of regrets...I'm not sure I do think that. I am, perhaps, the wrong woman to expect to attribute more to the loss of motherhood than others. And of course, I won't say something I don't really think. But I'm sure other, different women will agree more closely with your perception of the situation.

I wasn't purposely contradicting you, I just have another perspective on the joys and longings for motherhood v. the joys and longings of being a cool famous rock star who gets to sing every night for their job. You could be totally right. I just have a different interp. These are two of the most famous, rich, talented women in the world - I kind of assume they will mostly do what they want. And I think that if Stevie had wanted a kid that bad, she would have had one. So, I mostly think that she kind of wanted a kid sometimes. At certain points. But I don't believe it was ever a huge calling for her.
No worries, I enjoyed reading your posts. There's alot of sides to it all, and all points of view could have a part in what actually played out.
Only they know for sure, right?